Monday, December 28, 2009

Medan the City of Food


Ollalaala.... Yesterday me, my sister and nephews went to one of the biggest mall here in Medan, it calls Sun Plaza. I can tell it was pretty big. I went there just to look around until one of my nephew pointed out that he wanted to eat Prang Rice. I was wondering what was this Prang Rice looks like. Nah this is how its looks like.

This rice, people said has a great connection with war era happened in Indonesia before. Since many soldier had to travel a lot and carried a lot of stuff from weaponry to safety kits, thus they need something lighter to be carried as their food logistic. That's why the Size of Prang Rice is quite small.

Inside there's only Coconut milk rice, eggs, fish/chicken, chili and fried onion covers with papaya Leaf. Hem this might be small but this can make you full and taste good too. No wonder soldiers back than prefer this to be carried when war started. :)

My sister bought this Prang Rice for Rp 5000 / each from A coffee shop in level 4 Sunplaza. I think this is quite pricey for such a small meal but worth to try of choirs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment